Cost breakdown of U.S. Passport fees:
- Application fee $130.00
- Post Office Photo fee $15.00
- Execution fee $35.00
- Total cost for student: $180.00
- Total cost covered by RGSA Study Away Passport Initiative: $180.00
This initiative is open to all actively enrolled RU students who are US citizens and have never received an adult US passport before. If a student is found ineligible at any point, Rutgers Global-Study Abroad reserves the right to revoke award funding*.
*Funding is limited and awarded to eligible students on a first come-first served basis.
The application is open beginning on February 1, 2023.
Applicants must submit the application, which includes the following core components:
- Complete two (2) mini-essays
- Completing learning content items about the passport process and gathering the correct documents
- Complete a general advising session with the Office of Global Initiatives and Experiential Learning to learn about out travel opportunities
Complete applications are due by April 21, 2023.
The Rutgers Global Study Abroad Committee will review the applications and issue award letters to selected students with instructions on a rolling basis.
*DO NOT purchase a passport until you’ve received an official award letter.