- ISSUES IN SOCIAL WORK | 21:910:347 | Section 2 (3 credits)
- This course is being offered through the Department of Social Work.
The cost of travel for students accepted into ILE programs is mostly covered by a grant from the Office of the Chancellor at Rutgers Newark, meaning students are only responsible for the remaining travel fee.
- Travel Fee: $2000
- First Installment: $500
- Upon acceptance into the program students will be required to submit a $100 deposit to confirm their spot. This deposit will be deducted from the first installment, the remainder of which will be due 60 days before the departure date.
- After the first installment, students can pay the remaining Travel Fee balance in installments up until they graduate!
- The Travel Expenses cover:
- Transportation (In-country and to/from airport)
- Activities, excursions, and cultural visits
- Emergency Medical Access Abroad
The grant and travel fee do NOT include Tuition and School fees.
Tuition & School Fees
Students will be charged for 3 credits and applicable school fees which will appear on your Rutgers term bill during the term you study abroad.
To determine the per-credit cost of your participation, please review the Summer Tuition and Fees.
Travel and Visa Information:
Passport: All program participants are required to have a valid passport, which must be valid for at least six months beyond the program end date.
If you have never had an adult U.S. passport and are interested in getting one for free, please check out the Passport to the World Initiative!
Visa: US citizens will need a visa for short trips and visits to Tanzania that are no more than 90 days Per Entry.
US State Department
Center for Disease Control.